Friday, January 25, 2013

Unwanted Feelings


My heart beat skipped a beat the day I first saw you.
My soul cried out at the beauty of your voice.
I heard you sing the song that brought the feeling back
And I didn't want it, but it happened anyway.
If I could, I would turn the clock back to that moment,
And erase those memories...they brought joy, and now pain.
This brain wants to close the doors forever on what you were
For that brief span of time in my life.
When you left me behind, it was hard for me to go on,
And I  wondered if I could make it without you.
I miss you now, but that feeling is slowly going away,
Depression is slowly fading to quiet calm as I make my way.
I won't forget the lessons you taught me in a single moment,
With everything that comes in, something will leave.
Joy is fleeting, pain is coming and will stay much longer.
I don't hate you for what happened, and
I don't feel sympathy for you,
What I feel is sadness for what should have been.
Sadness for what you left behind, and the pain it caused.
Now I sit here with feelings that you have brought on,
And I am not sure what I should do with them now.
Where will I take these unwanted things in my heart,
And why must I deal with them, my soul screams.
If I could I would shut the door on that first day,                         
And the sound of your voice.
-Raven 

No comments: