I stand on this misty moor,
And I am terrified...
Yet you have asked me
To be here, you called me
And I came, Bonnie Prince.
My heart races, I feel it in
My bones, it is the call
For honor, for freedom,
But is that the truth?
Are we here for Alba, Bonnie Prince?
I should be home, and protecting
My loved ones, and yet
Here I am to face my death
In a battle I know I cannot win
I do this for you, Bonnie Prince...
How I would love to go back
To finish my planting,
Kiss my wife and hold my bairns,
Once again in this life.
Do you understand me Bonnie Prince?
For Alba's lore and law
I have come forth to protect
For life and liberty I would want.
Is this for peace Bonnie Prince?
For your vanity my life
I lay down, my blood
To be shed, my honor will
Lay shattered upon this
Cold damp earth, Bonnie Prince.
Your reasons are your own.
Vanity, greed, it matters not,
For I will go forth with dignity
For I don't do this for you.
I do this for Alba, Bonnie Prince.
-Raven
**This is dedicated to all warriors who fought in Scotland 16 April 1746...your life inspires mine! I am still not convinced that The Bonnie Prince did what he did for anything or anyone other than himself...
-R
No comments:
Post a Comment