Friday, December 14, 2012

Can You See Me?

If I ask what you see in me, I would only get silence, no answer.
To you, there isn't anything there, because you don't want to see me.
Yet, I want to see you. I want to understand you.
I am not like you, yet I am almost identical to you.
I feel. I bleed. I hurt. I wonder why I was ever born.
I laugh and I want to be happy. I want to fly higher than Heaven itself.
I know you want the same things too, who doesn't?
How is it that I can question life, while you take everything for granted?
Why do you choose not to see my pain when I can hear your soul scream?
Why do you let life keep hurting you when I refuse to allow that to happen to me?
Why can't you open your heart for me, when all I want to do is protect you?
When will you see that no one will hurt you because I am here?
When will you realize that I am always here for you?
Can you see me now?
Raven
November 20, 1996

No comments: