Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Sands Of Time


Walking along the sands of time,
I see the future mingled with the past,
Confused for the moment, but knowing truth.

I know the things my heart longs for,
The plans and schemes of long ago,
They aren't abandoned, just lost for now.

The waves of the ocean crash about 
On this moonlit night, I look out to sea,
And before me is the vast questions of my life.

When the waves of yesteryear have died,
The fires grown long cold in my heart,
I feel the warmth of a new kind, the moon upon skin.

Never in my wildest dreams,
Would I think that I would be standing here,
Staring out from this sandy shore, wondering.

When I begin to walk and look about,
I know I will see the things that
I am meant to see, the presence of footprints.

The question always remains inside of my hear
When I see these footprints moving forward,
Who do those footprints belong to, and will we meet?
~Raven
29 July 2008

No comments: